Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Last P day in the CCM



Well this is the last time I will be emailing you guys from the MTC! I got my flight plans yesterday and I will be leaving Monday the 11th at 8:30 for Chile! I am so excited haha it's ridiculous. I have had enough fake investigators, I want to work with some real ones!! I am so excited to finally be able to serve the people of Chile, because those are they who I was called to serve.  Am I nervous about the Spánish? You better believe it haha more than anything. I pray every night that I will be able to get a companion that will be able to train me well. The nervousness of everything is outweighed by how excited I am to get out of the CCM and finally get to Chile! My experience at the CCM has been amazing though.  I have grown so much and have learned sooooo much. My brain is exhausted and I haven't even started the real mish haha. I have made so many friends that I know I will stay in contact even after my mish. My teachers here... geez  I don't even know what to say. I love them so much. I am forever grateful for them. I can't get over it. I have gone through some very hard times here and I will never deny this is the hardest thing I have done, but really the moments of complete joy and love I have had here are beyond anything you can comprehend. I will forever encourage and invite everyone to go on a mission. Is it bad that I'm crying writing this? Nope cuz you guys know that this is how I am hahah. THANK YOU to all who have supported me. Your love, support, and prayers have gotten me through this CCM.
                                                             Flight Itinerary to Chile

The one thing that I feel has been the greatest thing I have learned here is to not be so consumed in worldly things and realize that in your life religion and family should be before EVERYTHING else. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, music, video games, social networking, car, sports, and girls, excuse that last one, but here I have really been able to put things into perspective. I am not telling you guys that you should drop all worldly things but I would advise that you should always put your family and standards before anything else.

A quick brief  of what has happened this past week. I was asked by one of my teachers to tutor in Spanish an Hermana from another district and an Elder from my district, that has been really good for me. I was asked to pretty much teach a lesson to two districts by myself haha Hermano Vargas loves asking me to do stuff, but I am grateful for the opportunities. We had a fiesta in our class for our one month mark we passed here. We bought a ton of treats from the tienda and talked about our favorite experiences here. It made me realize how long I've been here haha. Me and my class mates have came to the conclusion that the Spanish to English dictionary is our Google. Saturday nights in Mexico City... The parties go on all night. Any time you wake up in the night, which is a lot I don't know why, but there is music blasting and people singing, sounds like a blast, but sucks trying to go to sleep to it. 

                                             Me and my companion Elder Haynes

This Sunday was fast Sunday. I want to testify of the power of fasting. I can't tell you exactly what happened, but it was incredible how spot on my answers were. Also during sacrament I was the first one to get up and bear my testimony. Now remember this is all in Spanish. I can't really remember what I said because I kind of blacked out but apparently according to others, I did a really good job. Holy Ghost, Gift of Tongues.

I was talking to one of the Elders in my district, Elder Cox, he was telling me how he got to have dinner with Davis Archuletta  before he came here and David Archuletta just barely got back from Chile on his mission. And he was saying how David Archuleta couldn't remember words in English, like he had forgotten how to speak English haha.  I want that when I get back! That's so crazy to think. 
                                                               Hair Cut Day

One of our devotionals this Sunday was on Celestial Marriage.  You're probably thinking why in the world would they teach that as a topic, wouldn't that make them miss home and their significant other? Yeah don't worry I was thinking that too haha.  Anyways one of the quotes I really liked from it said, talking about divorce, "If you could only see your wife as she will be in the glorious resurrection, this very wife you now say you don't love, your first impulse would be to kneel and worship her." The same goes for the husband. This was explained to say that all people when resurrected will be perfected and beautiful, so maybe there is still hope for me! Haha but really it's a long ways away but I am so excited to get married in the temple and sealed for all eternity. 

It's time for me to close up. This is weird this is going to be the last time I write to you from the CCM but I just want to express how grateful I am for the opportunity I have had to be here and to be on a mission. I am SO grateful for my parents to raise me in this church which is the true church of God. These next 23 months I will strive to serve the people of Chile with all my might, mind, heart, and strength and bring them to the happiness of this eternal gospel. I know that I will go through difficulties, because I have already, but I know that I will be able to turn to the Lord and he will strengthen me. Love you guys, next time I write you I'll be in CHILE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment