Monday, December 22, 2014

Superman Companion, New City, Merry Christmas!



Wow lots to write about this week! So as you guys know, last week I changed sectors and now I am in Coronel! I´ll do this in order, first my comp, Elder Knecht. He is from California and has a year and a half in the mission! He is one of the smartest people I have ever met for his age, he honestly knows so much about everything and I have learned so much in one week. Also he was like a beach bum surfer guy, so that´s pretty cool. He is super chill, and we get along really well. He likes to talk about how he is going to be a billionaire and how he is going to get ripped when he gets back hahaha. Oh I forgot to mention that he looks exactly like superman, he has the glasses and everything. It’s pretty sick. We live with two Peruvians, Elder Chumbe and Elder Ludeña, which is... well living with two Peruvians. Gotta have a lot of patience haha.


Our house is pretty big but it is definitely old. The walls are like falling apart and covered in mold. Our shower is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen, so small haha I have to crouch as I shower. We have rats which we set traps out but the food is gone in the morning and the trap isn´t set off. We can´t drink the water here because we are so close to the ocean, the water´s bad and tastes fishy. So we have to boil it every time we need to cook or use it at all. Quite the experience, but honestly I am having the time of my life! I love it here! In the morning we have been doing Insanity, for you guys that don’t know what that is, it’s a work out video, it’s really hard haha and I’ve been sore all week.


A little about Coronel... It smells like fish mixed with poop outside ALWAYS but it’s pretty cool that I get to see the beach and ocean every day. This city is really old so all the houses are like ancient. It’s not that hot here because we have a ton of wind and the sea regulates the temperature. There are a lot of hill in this sector So I’m going to have legs sculpted by angels by the end of this hahaha. I think that about it for new changes, if you have any more questions, just ask. 


Traveling here was a 6 hour bus ride to Concepcion where I was met in the terminal place by my new companion, I also saw and talked with Elder Casperson so that was cool. I also met a bunch of different missionaries who are all pretty chill so that was cool too. A little bit more about Coronel, it’s not a ward but only a branch. Yesterday in church there were about 40 people there so that was quite the difference coming from Catrihuala, my old ward, which had about 120 every week. But I had the opportunity to meet some of the members and they are all very nice and loving so I feel pretty welcomed.


One of the nights this week we taught an English class! It was pretty fun and we do it every Thursday night, so that should be nice. One day this week we did 152 contacts in one day... that’s incredibly a lot! We went to a thing called The Feria which is just a giant market in the streets and we just sat on a corner and contacted every person that passed. We don’t have many investigators right now so we have been contacting a lot this week.


An experience that I had this week that was pretty funny, so we had a family home evening with some people and the other missionaries in our house, and after when we were walking home there was wind and ice rain that was coming at us almost horizontally, it was weird.  But I was the only one who had an umbrella so what happened was I had the two short Peruvians strapped clinging onto my sides with their arms around my shoulders and Elder Knecht in the back, crouching to my height with his arms around the two Peruvians shoulders and then there was me in the middle holding my umbrella out in front of us horizontally to block all of the ice rain from hitting us. We walked like that unit for 30 minutes back to our house haha it was quite the view to see for other people. We got some pretty funny comments from the people as we walked by.


 As I said before we don’t have a lot of investigators so this whole week has just been a lot of contacting every day. I love my cambio and I’m very happy with where I am now. It’s weird that Christmas is in 3 days... but MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! I hope that Christmas goes well for every single one of you and you guys can all be safe. Christmas should be pretty good here and I´ll let you guys know how it goes next week. Love and miss you all!

Elder Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment