Monday, January 18, 2016

Three Things to get an Answer

Dear Family and Friends,

This week went by really fast, it feels like only a day ago I was writing one of these instead of last week.  This week went very well, our sector is improving and we are finding people to teach and have been seeing many miracles.  Things are going well with my companion, this is an eight week transfer so it's a bit longer but I get along well with him and we are working hard.

Something that is going on with our investigators is we have four families that we are teaching but they all need to get married before they get baptized haha.  It's kind of a joke how nobody is married here in Chile.  Also trying to get them to come to church has been difficult.  We teach about the the three things that a person needs to do to get an answer from God, which are, read the Book of Mormon, pray and attend church.  If the people do those three things constantly, it is only a matter of time before they get an answer from God.  The other thing is recognizing the Holy Ghost and his purpose and how he responds to us.

The mission has been an amazing experience and opportunity to answer all the "questions of the soul" and to increase in my knowledge and faith so that I can help people for the rest of my life in that aspect.  This week I don't have any experiences or anything to share but I do want to invite you guys, if you have any questions or want to know anything else about Chile or any other thing, that you can send me an email and I can respond to it.  Keep praying, reading the Book of Mormon, and attending church and never stop looking for the answers to your questions and doubts, they are found in those three things!  I hope everyone has a good week, you're all in my prayers.

Elder Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment