Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Scorpion in the Shower and New Peruvian Companion



It´s sad to think that this was the last week with my papa, Elder Casperson. My training experience has definitely been one to remember and I am forever in debt to Elder Casperson for everything that he has done for me. I couldn´t have asked for a better dad in the mission. It was amazing to have somebody who is so similar and helpful as he was, he has given me an example so that when I have a son in the mission, I will know what to do.

As for what we did this week there wasn´t a lot of stuff, just a lot of work as usual! There are two questions that I have written all around my desk to help me be a better missionary and help me grow and they are, What can I do better? and What can I do right now? With those in mind I’m sure things will continue to get better for me.



One day some of our investigators asked us to tell them some swear words in English so that they could say them. So if anybody from Chile asks you if "BAPTIZEME" is a swear word, say yes! Hahaha they thought that it was so bad and that it was like the worst word ever. They were so excited to say it and they were saying it every other sentence. One of the funniest things I’ve experienced.

We helped one of our recent converts with responding and applying to her scholarship letter, but the thing was she had to do it in English. She knows English pretty well but asked for some help. I COULDNT REMEMBER ENGLISH FOR ANYTHING. I tried to think of words to make it better and I couldn´t remember any words haha. I’m scared for when I have to come back to school.

The people continue to love us here and they give us so much food. We can´t leave a house without carrying something that they have given us. I have succumb to the fatness, not really but I am getting a little bigger.

Halloween in Chile is pretty much the same but they don´t do as many decorations. There are still little kids dressed up in costumes running from house to house getting candy but it just isn´t the same. It was kind of sad thinking about all the memories I had from the old Halloweens but it was a good experience to be here in Chile.

Also this week I had an intercambio with a kid who only has 3 weeks in the mission! Elder Davies. We did work! We set a baptismal date with someone that we contacted and taught, the whole zone thought it was a miracle. It was another time to test my knowledge of the language and it went well!


I hit the 4 month mark which is crazy to think and today is the cambios. So Elder Casperson is leaving to go be a zone leader up north, Elder Miller is also leaving. So it’s me and Elder Rivera still in our house. I am receiving a comp from Peru! His name is Elder Maguiña! and Elder Rivera is receiving somebody who is from Columbia! I’m going be living in a house with missionaries from Peru, Argentina, and Columbia. And I’m the only gringo haha definitely going to be a change. But everyone is telling me that my Spanish is going to be amazing after. I’m looking forward to it. I’ll let you guys know how everything goes next week! Hope everything is well at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment