Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Service, Getting Lost, Home Repairs



This week in Coronel was pretty good and I had some funny experiences. On Wednesday we did service in the morning for one of our investigators and helped them build, adding on to their house. Later that day, I walked more in one day than I ever have in my life. We went searching for a referral that we received and walked 2 hours north looking for it. Then we got lost. So we walked in the direction we thought the beach was and finally hit it. We then followed the beach line south all the way until we hit home haha. We walked for five hours straight and covered so much distance. Along the way we got to see the beach which was beyond beautiful, we found a pack of sea lions, found a jelly fish, watched a Chilean who didn´t know how to surf, Elder Knecht thought that was pretty funny, found a group of drunk guys who we talked with for quite a bit, it’s pretty funny that the nicest people to us here in Coronel and the mission are the drunk guys haha. 

Also this week there was a protest from a ton of people really close to our house because the city is going to destroy all their houses because they never bought the land they built on 12 years ago and they’re  going to build a train rail there. Pretty crazy stuff, there were burning tires everywhere blocking off all the roads and people were throwing garbage and glass and concrete blocks in the street. Smoke was everywhere. Sketchy stuff because some of the people whose houses are outside the area were trying to put out the fires and clean up the streets but that made the people who were doing it even more mad. Crazy stuff.

Another day this week we had a conference with our mission president and two other zones. That went really well and I got to see a bunch of my friends and met a bunch of other homies. I miss having Elder Casperson as a comp, we are just so similar it’s funny. Also during the conference we found out a bunch of big changes that are happening in our mission. Some good, some bad, but change is always good so I’m looking forward to that.

I received this week, the DVD that my mom and dad make every year that has a slide show of videos and pictures of my whole extended family and the experiences throughout the year, that was the best thing ever.  I love those movies. It was pretty weird seeing a half a year of stuff that I missed and next year it will be the whole year that will be new stuff to me. But this year was a lot of fun to watch and it made me realize how much I love my whole family. That’s been happening a lot on this mission. It was a pretty trunky experience but I loved it so much, so amazing, and it was all good.

I played some more soccer this week, I’m still playing so much like a gringo haha gotta get better so I can play with my soccer friends when I get back. Yesterday I had to give a talk in church that was on the importance of missionary work that was pretty easy, seeing as how that’s all I do. haha.

Also another funny experience that happened this week was me and Elder Knecht decided to do some home makeover projects which ended fairly short when I cut a wire with wire cutters and it exploded because it still had electricity running through it.  I don’t know how because I swear it wasn’t connected to anything! Elder Knecht thought that his comp died haha so funny, but external wiring is so ugly so we fixed some stuff up and now we just need to paint! I can’t wait to have my own house, going to be the best. 

Okay, spiritual thought for the week. I heard something in church that I really liked and realized. Everything that we do is directed towards our Heavenly Father but is through the name of his son, Jesus Christ. Everything. There are many ways you can interpret that sentence but I’m going to leave that up to you guys. Love and miss you all. Hope you guys have a good week! 

Elder Clay

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete