Monday, December 14, 2015

Transfers, Family Home Evening, Christmas Conference

Hello everyone,

Today is transfers which is really crazy to think because this transfer flew by.  It was only four weeks because they can't do transfers near the holidays because it costs a lot to send and receive missionaries by plane during this time. 

My father in the mission, Elder Casperson, is ending his mission which is crazy to think and I'll miss seeing him around the mission but I know he worked hard in his mission and killed it so I'm happy for him.  I hit my 6 months left mark, which for me, is just another reminder to work hard and serve the people in every opportunity that I can, in whatever way I can, because my time is becoming short.  But I'm very excited for what these last months have in store for me. 

To tell you a little bit of what has happened lately, we have been doing a lot of service and walking and contacting.  Victoria is known for being a pretty rough sector and my time here has confirmed it.  But I'm very grateful for the time that I have had to grow and learn here in this sector and for the trials and difficulties that I have had.  I have spent countless hours in the street contacting and I feel gratitude for what God has given me in my life. I'm glad that I can serve God for these two years to show the thanks and love that I have for him. 


Some things that have happened this week, we had a Family Home Evening as a branch in our church on Monday and it went really well! A lot of people showed up and everybody enjoyed themselves.  We as missionaries gave the message and it was about the Atonement and birth of Christ, it was really powerful and the spirit was felt strong.  We also had a band but it was a band that plays typical old Chilean music. I don't know how to describe it but it was awesome!  Also the sisters in the ward made a bunch of food and it was just a good time.

Another big thing this week was the Christmas Conference as a mission.  It was a lot of fun and it was sweet to see all my friends in the mission at the same time because the whole mission was at this one.  The messages and songs were very spiritual and the sketches and slideshows were entertaining and funny.

I'm getting transferred out of Victoria and I'm heading to a place called Canete.  A lot of my friends in the
mission have been there and I'm really excited to go there!  I'm going to be companions with a missionary named Elder Tornero.  He just finished his training and is from Peru!  I'm really pumped because I've heard that Canete is a good sector, so planning on going there and working hard!  Love you guys!

Elder Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment