Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter, Family Is Number One Priority


Pictures from today's zone conference




Hey friends an family, this week in Coronel went pretty well!  Yesterday was Easter, but here in Chile, I’m not sure where else, they celebrate Easter as a whole week of holidays.  They call it the Semana Santa (Holy Week) and it’s pretty much a week dedicated to the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I thinks it’s pretty cool that they give a whole week to think about that marvelous act.

General Conference happened the last two days and I hope all of you were able to try and watch at least a couple sessions.  There were a couple of talks I loved.  I felt the majority of the talks Saturday were about marriage, families or being a dad.  It helped me put things into perspective and helped with my priorities.  Families really are the only true source of eternal joy and are the most important thing seeing as how they are one of the few things that are eternal.  I could go on and on  about families but the one thing I’m going to invite all of you to do is check and make sure that your family is number one on the list of your priorities and to think if your acts reflect that one priority on the top.  I love my family more than anything and have a firm belief and hope that I will be with them forever.  But to receive the blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us, we know it takes work and more importantly, patience.

At the start of the week we found this amazing family, they all live in a group of 3 houses and there are probably 25 of them.  The mom/grandma and one of the older daughters are members but inactive.  Hearing about their experience with the missionaries was amazing.  Missionaries for some people are literally like angles on earth, they definitely were for this family.  

There were more riots in Coronel this week but not as extreme as the ones last week,  the fishermen are crazy here!  Also I got pretty sick again this past week I could hardly walk, and my body ached everywhere, after rest and a lot of prayers I was able to recover pretty quickly.  

Brian is doing really well and was able to come to all five sessions of General Conference!  He had an interview the President Foentes, our Branch President, and he should be getting the priesthood soon!  Very cool to see how he is progressing even after his baptism.

Love all of you and I hope that all your faith and testimonies can keep growing and strengthening.  I can’t remember who gave the talk or which President of the Church it was but before he was about to die, one of his last prayers was that his faith would stay with him.  For me, that is an amazing example and shows us that we all have more to grow and strengthen when it comes to our faith.  I encourage all who missed the General Conference talks to go and read or watch them online!  Hope you all have a good week.

Elder Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment