Monday, June 8, 2015

Working Until I Drop, Literally!



Family and friends, this week was one of my most favorite weeks on my mission.  It was also one of the hardest working weeks that I have had here in Chile.  Having Elder Katschke as a companion is amazing and I’m learning so much from him.  We have really dominated how to be exactly obedient and have fun at the same time.  We are already seeing changes in this sector and we are going to get this sector where it needs to be.
                                                                   Elder Katschke



To tell you guys a little bit more about my companion, he is from Nevada, and as I already said, this is his last transfer in the mission.  He is 20, the oldest in his family and the first missionary.  He played a lot of basketball before the mission.  He’s one of the hardest workers and really strives to be the best that he can be. We have both helped each other out a lot already and I’m grateful  for his example.  We spend our time outside in the pouring rain, working hard but somehow laughing a lot of the time and talking with everyone.  Also the planning and goals that we do really help and encourage us. All in all, we get along very well and we are working really hard, good times. 

                                                                Elder Ludena

To tell you a little about our week I will start off from last Monday.  After I got over the shock of hearing I was going to be comps with the ex-assistant, we went and started saying goodbye to all the people for Elder Ludena. Every time that I say bye or watch others say bye to someone they have met from their sector it’s crazy to see how difficult it is.  The love and friendship that we have with the people as missionaries is something I can’t explain, but it’s amazing.  The next day Elder Ludena left for Mulchen, carrying all his suitcases and bags in the rain made everything  pretty stressful and about the hardest workout that I have had.  Every time we have transfers I get kind of excited because I know that a good workout is coming, carrying all of the suitcases and everything. Haha  Also after, we do shopping for the week and we have to carry all of the bags of food in our hands all the way to our house! Haha, it kills my arms.
                                                 Elder Hatch & Elder Casmuz
I worked with Elder Hatch and Casmuz until Wednesday night when my companion got here.  Spending two days with them was pretty fun, we contacted all the time we were together but it went well.  Elder Casmuz is really fun and us 3 would have a lot of fun with the contacts.  When we went to get my new companion we also met a missionary named Elder Snyder and he has his brand new Gringo son in the mission with him.  His name is Elder Oxborrow, it’s always fun and cool to see new gringos start the mission.  It’s easy to mess with them but also I like giving them advice and help.  The rest of the week we have just been working really hard in the rain.  We are starting to reap what we have sown and starting to find people to teach and also are strengthening the members in our ward. 
Elder Katschke is a real good example for me, even though he is ending his mission soon, he is working very hard and going all out in every sense!  By the end of the day I am dead tired and fall asleep instantly when I hit my bed.  I can’t explain it.  When I was working out every day and playing lacrosse I thought I was tired but the mission is making me more tired than I have ever been in my life.  But, I am loving it! Hope that everything is going well for everyone back home and I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment