Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Armor of God, Cunco, Transfers



Hello, this past week was my last week with Elder Ludena and today is transfers, I will talk more about that in the end of my letter. This week was filled with rain and going to the doctor’s office a lot because my companion has some things that he has to clear up in his throat and other issues. 

Last Monday we had a Family Home Evening with a family we know and I was sharing about the Armor of God when their son, who is like 6 looked at his mom and said “no, no, the Elders are wrong, it’s the Armor of Ironman!” haha It was the funniest thing ever!  He refused to accept the term Armor of God and kept saying the Armor of Ironman was better, so I tried to relate the two things and I think it turned out pretty well!

Something that has been happening this week that has been sad is I have had to say goodbye to a lot of missionaries, who are really good friends, who are ending their missions.  Elder Knecht, Elder Douglas and some others.  It’s pretty sad seeing them go, I have learned a lot from their group and I have made some really good life friends. 


Also this week was probably one of my most favorite days in the mission.  I was able to do an intercambio with one of my best friends in the mission, Elder Faas!  It was honestly so much fun and we were able to do so many things.  I went up to his sector in a place called Cunco.  The hour and half bus ride up there was pretty cool, very beautiful.  Cunco is so sweet, I loved it there.  It is surrounded by mountains and you can see a huge volcano and it’s just all very beautiful. I also was able to meet one of the sickest people I’ve met here in Chile named Maun.  His family moved to Cunco from Santiago about 6 months ago and I was able to talk to him about the change and everything.  His mom had always had a dream of living in a house in the “campo” which is pretty much just living in the mountains or nature with lots of property.  He’s around 18 and has been a member for 3 years.  I would love to be assigned to that sector!  My exchange with Elder Faas was the best.

Saturday night we had a ward activity which had a very good turnout.  There was lots of people, food, music and performances.  As missionaries we did some sketches which were pretty funny and got the whole ward laughing. The activity ended with dancing, but as missionaries we can’t dance, so we just left early.

Now I will tell you about transfers.  My companion is leaving this sector and my new companion is going to be…. Elder Katschke! Yep the same missionary who is an assistant to the President and I did an exchange with last week.  He has one transfer left in the mission so he got released from Assistance and is going to spend his last time with me!  I know that I am going to be able to learn so much from him and I kind of feel honored to have this opportunity.  It’s going to be pretty weird being with someone who is ending their mission but I have always wanted to “kill” someone in the mission! I’m pretty pumped to work with him, I know we are going to be working really hard and I’m excited.  I will let you guys know how it goes next week!  Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment