Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Lots of love in Chile, Harlem Globe Trotters, Zone Attack



Hey family and friends, things went well for me and Elder Shapiro this week here in Temuco.  We have been able to find more people to teach and we have been trying to live up the last weeks that my companion has in the mission.  We have met some amazing people who really want to become closer with God in their life and they are looking for the truth.  I have realized here that the more humble a person is the more easy it is for them to get answers and help from God.  It is an amazing thing.

                                            This shows you how wet I get contacting!

I don’t know if I have already said this but my favorite thing in my entire mission is the opportunities that I have had to meet people.  I have met ALL types of people and I find myself loving meeting them no matter what type of person they are.  I do believe that there is good in every person, even the people who yell at us or slam the door in our face the moment they see who we are! 

To tell you a little bit more of this past week, last P-day was a pretty cool one.  We went to the title defense of a thesis of a really good friend that we have here in our sector who is a recent convert.  His name is Alex Huenupe, he’s Mapuche and speaks English really well!  He actually just graduated from college and now he can be a teacher of English.  So that’s what we went to and he did really well and passed!  It was cool to be there with him and his family and see the accomplishment that he has done.  His story is so cool to see the past that he came from and then he met the missionaries and got baptized and see where he’s going now.  He is a really good friend now and will be for the rest of my life.


One day while walking down the street in the central of Temuco we saw on a billboard that the Harlem Globe Trotters were going to be in Temuco this week doing shows.  About five minutes later we crossed paths with five gigantic black dudes and I didn’t realize that I had just walked past the Harlem Globe Trotters until after.  I was so mad at myself for not realizing and asking to take a picture with them, I still am.  They were just walking down the sidewalk haha.  It was pretty funny to see them in Chile because they are so tall and the Chileans go up to their waist haha. 

Something else cool that I was able to do this week was talk with Brian from my last sector.  He is doing really well, and is actually President of the Young Mens now!  He has the Melchizedek Priesthood and wants to go on a mission!  He’s such a great guy and I’m so lucky to have him as a convert, he’s already an example for me.  Also I was able to talk to another very good friend from Coronel, Kiki and his family which is pretty much my second family.  They told me that they had moved to a new house and they had prepared a room for me already for when I go back there and visit them, they are the best ever.  Lots of love here in Chile.

Another fun thing that happened this week is we did a Zone Attack in Carahue.  A zone attack is when all the missionaries of the zone go to one sector and contact it all.  It was a lot of fun and I was able to be with Elder Whiting.  He is probably my best friend in the zone right now.  He is from Arizona and has the same time as Elder Casperson in the mission so about 19 months.  We are very similar and we get along really well because we were both nerds before the mission.  We have plans to play Worlds of Warcraft after the mission and go to Lake Powell, should be a good time.

All in all this week has been a really good one and I know that the Lord has been blessing us with people to teach.  Hopefully a few can progress towards baptism but I am just glad to be able to be here helping the people in whatever it might be.  I hope that everyone is well back home and that everyone has a good week!

Love Elder Clay


No comments:

Post a Comment